This is Me.





So with this being a fresh start to my blog (as I am transitioning over from Wordpress), I thought what better of my posts to start of with then an introduction to me?  So with it being a new year and all that jazz here goes my personal statement (UCAS eat your heart out). Also as a side note you should never be embarrassed or uncertain about bigging yourself up - never sell yourself short (you are amazing). I remember when I was applying for University and writing my personal statement I really struggled and felt really weird writing so highly of myself, but I've learnt that self love is the way to success. In the words of the Queen Ru Paul:

If you can't love yourself, how in the hell are you going to love somebody else?

Let's start with the basics - I am a 21 year old Film & Media Studies graduate. I live in the middle of nowhere -a random village right on the borderline between South Yorkshire & North Lincolnshire. It's a very quaint little village, with only one shop, two pubs and a post office - oh, and I stick out like a saw thumb. I am a family orientated gal, I spend the most time (when not at work) with my family. I love them to pieces and I would not be who I am without them.  I am a playful soul, I am always laughing and joking never taking life too seriously and allowing myself to be completely free.


20180106_132755

Something you'll know about me if you know me in person is that I am very adventurous with my style. I am heavily into colours, textures and prints. Anything that's fun, quirky retro and / or colourful is my thing. My motto (as my blog title suggests) is to try and bring brightness and happiness to peoples day, and my fun colourful ensembles are a huge part of that. I feel most myself when I am able to fully express how I feel through the style, it brings me joy and the most confidence in my day when I feel most myself.  As you can image, I am a giant kid at heart. I am obsessed with anything nostalgic that reminds me of my childhood, i.e. I am currently obsessed with the original My Little Pony from the 1980's & The Carebears. (I have an older sister, and all I would watch when I was little was her old VHS tapes, and I loved them to absolute death). Along with this I am mad obsessed with cartoons / adult animations, my favourites: Adventure Time, Bob's Burgers, Rick & Morty, Archer & Bojack Horseman (big mouth is also great.) In regards to films I am forever enthralled by art house / indie teenage come of age drama's, especially those central to LGBTQ characters, mental illness, disadvantaged youths (minorities - race, class, disabled etc.) & masculinity in crisis. That is my jam as my focal point for my dissertation was the representation of boys who have been sexually abused within feature length drama's.


20180106_133409

Music wise my tastes vary as much as humanly possible, I will listen to pretty much anything if I think it's good / well produced (as such meaning I do not listen to much pop / chart music). As with my tastes with everything else I love old and new music, but my number one band is The Beatles and my favourite artist is Florence & The Machine. But coming in very (very) close are Alt-J, Radiohead, The Smiths, Otis Redding, Joy Divison, The Vaccines (I could go on for so so long). But I'm sure if you stick around you'll find out more about my listening habits as I like to do monthly roundups of my favourite jams. 

20180106_133043



















 OUTFIT DETAILS: 
Jumper. H&M £24.99 link: http://www2.hm.com/en_gb/productpage.0598409001.html
Trousers, also H&M £19.99 link: http://www2.hm.com/en_gb/productpage.0524825004.html
Bag is from Skinny Dip - they no longer stock it but they have similar ones on their website. 
Trainers are Reeboks which I bought from UO two years ago now, these are the most similar: 
 http://www.reebok.co.uk/classic-leather-nude-nubuck/CN1504.html

Without rambling on any further I think I have summarized myself pretty darn well, so if you like what you read and/or we have stuff in common the stick around. I would love you too! Most of the content I will go on to produce will more than likely stay central to most of these things anyway. So that's me being an unapologetic me, and so we all should be! Self love forever and always. Thanks for reading and sticking around, hope to see more of you! 

xoxo, EMMA. 

No comments