The Colour CLASH


Hello everyone! As I said in my previous post this is part two - in today's look I am styling 4 pieces that I got when thrifting. A hat, top, pair of jeans and a coat. The only thing that isn't thrifted is the boots! I could've done a complete lookbook featuring all the items but in all honesty there would be way too many looks for one post! Instead what I have decided to do on my blog is to show how good sustainable shopping is by featuring at least one item of clothing or accessory that is second hand in each look (which isn't even a challenge really). I want to show how with the right styling, and the right attitude you can be the trendiest person walking the streets and no one would batter an eyelid - in fact when I wear my second hand ensembles that is when I get the most compliments! Alongside the posts I am going to be linking similar items to ones I am styling that are on the high street - to prove that you can find the top high street trends at a fraction of the price! But for the items that aren't dupe-able - well it reinforces how special the whole experience is/items are. SO without further ado lets get into the look.


So let's start from the top with the red felt beret. These are literally everywhere - you can pick them up in near enough any popular high street brand and they are identical. This one only cost me £2. Which is probably well under half of what you'd pay new. HOWEVER if you must there is one in the zara sale for £3.99 here.  You can find these so easily so I would definitely recommend keeping an eye out as they are such a key trend at the moment.



Let's move down to the top, I wanted to keep in touch with the Parisian style so opted for a black and white striped smock style top. Originally from Zara but I paid £1.99 for it. Stripes are classic - and are always in fashion. But I liked the smock style as it made it a bit different. This one from Asos is the most similar I have found here. As well as the beret striped tops are some of the easiest things to thrift, and you can pick up some pretty unique styles as well.















So my personal favourite thing about this look at the cropped kick flare high waisted jeans. I almost squealed when I found them, and I did squeal when I tried them on and they fitted perfectly once I got home. These jeans are a prime example of looking at other sizes, these are a size 16 but because they are retro / vintage they run smaller much more like a UK 14. These are such a stylish piece, and I am still utterly obsessed with red (as you can tell). So these turned out to be my favourite purchase - mainly because I know I'll get so much ware out of them. I found quite a few similar pairs while having a browse. These are in the sale on H&M of £17.99 here. There are also a pair of weekday one's in the sale for £20 on ASOS if you'd rather have a higher quality jean here. I really wanted to go all out RED as I am an all or nothing gal and I love the effect that wearing these pointed red kitten heel boots have given, super fun and different. These are old season Primark but these are only £9.99 in the Zara sale! (Lord Bless January sales).










































The final thing -and probably the biggest bargain of the century is this Made in England vintage Sherpa coat. It has real leather details, in near perfect condition and cost me the mere amount of £1.99! Can you even believe that? They were only just ticketing the item and I grabbed it before it even touched the shop floor. Later on the manager said it was a trainee that priced it up, and if i hadn't of got it they would've priced it a lot higher, so what a score. I researched it and they are selling for between £60-100. SO if that's your game, buying to sell - then keep them eyes peeled. This is one of those items which I can't seem to find a close dupe for, bu the teddy bear style is absolutely everywhere this season, with big fluffy coats being a massive trend. So I've managed to bag a true vintage piece that is still very current and trendy, that is one of a kind.


So if I haven't managed to sell you on thrift shopping these past two posts then I don't know what will! But you will for sure see more thrifting related content and images on my blog, I'm thinking of doing a 'where to thrift' post in the near future talking about all the different ways to shop sustain-ably so keep your eyes peeled for that if you're interested!

XOXO, EMMA 








No comments