Strawberry Fields Forever


Aloha! Today I felt like combining two of my favourite things for this post, fashion and The Beetles. The people who know me IRL, will know that my favourite band of all time is the Beetles, I am a full on die hard fan. From the early to the late work (although I am more into the later stuff). There music is timeless and never fails to make me smile. I don't have a favourite album, I'm more about a certain collection: The Magical mystery Tour, The Yellow Submarine & Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band. All released in between 67&69 these albums have my heart. They are fun, experimental, silly, psychedllic and bold in such an unapologetic way.


So for today's look and today's edits I decided to go for a bold fun colour blocking look. I am wearing my favourite denim pinafore / dungaree dress. This piece was thrifted, and I cannot seem to find a similar dupe anywhere that is in stock. This is the closest I've found but is out of stock :(. Underneath is a super cute green and blue striped polo, which you can find pretty much everywhere. To add the pop of yellow (bright primary colours are always something I associate with The Yellow Submarine, especially yellow!) I matched my Dr Martens with my cardigan. I topped the look of in the most appropriate way with my strawberry hat (hence the title of this post), a chunky red belt and a rainbow beaded necklace. Most of these items you can pick up pretty easily if you keep an eye out in your local charity shops and vintage shops (as I always do!) Unfortunately I don't have many dupes for my items today, sorry about that!

Edited by Sophie Donoghue @ Step Drop Media (here)



















I feel like my attitude towards fashion and style is very familiar to The Beetles with their music. I love to have fun and be bold and I definitely don't care too much about what people think. I draw inspiration from everywhere, but I do think the beetles will always be one of my biggest inspirations. One of the biggest things that they taught me is just to have fun! Don't take life to seriously, and their music always reminds me to just be myself. But another part of them that I associate so fondly with is how they were constantly changing and evolving in style, music and fashion wise. They never stuck to one thing, which is certainly something that can be said for my style I can jump from one thing to another each day depending on my mood - you will not find a consistent style here I'm afraid! Combing my love for music & fashion together is one of my favourite things to do, and there will be more to come so watch this space!  I would also like to take this time to talk about Steep Drop Media Collective, my best friend start this creative group which I am more than proud to be a part of you. You will find parts of her work, be it edits or photography dotted about on my blog with the links provided. We plan to have a lot more fun and quirky colllaborations coming up so watch this space, and go give her page a follow here  The content is worth the follow, I promise. But for now that's me over and out,

XOXO, EMMA.


No comments