Parklife 2018: Saturday Picks

Hello, Hello. 

So if you haven't gathered already, I am attending Parklife for the full weekend in just over a week! Honestly, I am so excited and so I thought there no better time to talk through my top artist picks from each day, and why I think they are worth seeing. So today is Saturday, and hopefully by the end of this week I will have Sunday's up as well. Even if you're not attending the festival, these picks are all still worth a listen, if you haven't done so before.  So without further ado let's get cracking into the Saturday! The artist's will not be in order of when they are performing, or in order of favour. Just a list of artists that deserve to be seen (in my eyes!) Oh also, if any of these artists clash I am preparing myself for a mental breakdown.

A$AP ROCKY 

Genre: Rap / Hip Hop 
Mood: Hype, Intense, Explosive

Of all the artists performing this weekend, I think I am most excited about is A$AP. A few years ago I wouldn't of even been bothered, but in later years especially with MOB & Tyler collaborations I have become obsessed. His new highly anticipated album is fire, and I think he is going to put on such a good show. I feel like every year they pull out some of the best American Hip Hop artists, especially with last year being graced by the one and only Frank Ocean. 100% not one to be missed if you are a fan of rap music, or just want too see a very lively performance.  

Some of my favourite tracks are,  Lord Pretty Flacko Jodye 2 (LPFJ2), Back Home, 1Train, A$AP Forever REMIX, Hun43rd (pretty much all of his new album). 

THE XX

Genre: Indie Pop 
Mood: Chilled, atmospheric. uplifting, euphoric, happy 

Headlining on the main stage, this performance is going to be magical. I can just picture it now as being one of those super memorable festival moments that stay in your heart forever. I have loved them since the first album and the release of Basic Space. They are just such an incredible cohesive band, I actually missed out and getting tickets for their tour so I am super stoked about these as well. I won't lie, they are not a band I listen too as much as I used too, but I have wanted to see them live since the release of their first album, so what better way to do so.

Some of my favourite tracks are Shelter, Crystallised, Dangerous, Islands and Dangerous.

SAMPHA 

Genre: Electronic Hip Hop / Soul 
Mood: Chilled, atmospheric, soulful, emotional

One of my most played artists this year, and such an absolutely incredible voice. I actually stumbled across him last year at Parklife and fell HARD, we'd walked away from Rag 'n' Bone man, as he just wasn't our cuppa tea, and found Sampha with a crowd overflowing the tent. This year he has made his was too the main stage, and I think he is going to be incredible. His voice is so soulful and powerful, and sounds even better live. I know this one will be a spiritual one, I just cannot miss out on the opportunity to see him live again now that my love for him has grown so much more.

Some of my favourite tracks are Close but not Quite, Blood on Me, Plastic 100'C, Timmy's Prayer, Incomplete Kisses. 

BICEP

GenreElectronic Dance
Mood: Euphoric, Energetic, Uplifting, Intense 

Electronic Dance music duo that merge together all types of styles to create some incredible music. It's euphoric, uplifting and out of body. The switch up in their songs, and the build up is so intense but also so freeing. I can't wait too be a part of the crowd for their set, I can just tell the vibe is going to be spot on and exactly what festivals are about. I know this is a big switch up from my other recommendations above, but that's my music taste for ya! 

Some of my favourite tracks are Rain, Aura, Glue. Opal. 

MARIBOU STATE

Genre: Electronic Dance 
Mood: Euphoric, Soulful, Atmospheric, Uplifting

Another Electronic Dance Duo but a lot more chilled out than Bicep. They combine incredible instrumentals, with atmospheric beats to create some extremely beautifully eclectic music. On some of my favourite tracks they also feature some of the most beautiful soulful vocals(Holly Walker), and this combination I think will sound so beautiful live, and the atmosphere will be so wholesome. I discovered these at University and they helped me through some super rough patches, so they have actually had a very positive impact on my life. This one will probably be an emotional one, but happy tears not sad ones. 

Some of my favourite tracks are Midas, Turnmills, Steal, Breathe. 

Honorable mentions (people who I also would like too see): Levelz, Bugzy Malone, Giggs, Tom Misch, Casisdead, Earl Sweatshirt,  Mella Dee, Solardo, Friction.


XOXO, EMMA 


No comments