March Playlist & Release Radar


Hello, Hello.

So, another month has passed which means another monthly round-up is here. This month, I don't have any new t.v. shows or films to talk about really, and I prefer the idea of keeping these posts solely about music - what I have discovered, and what is hot of the press that I think is worth a listen. As always, in the sidebar to the right is my spotify playlist for the month. You can give it a listen while you read this post, or save it to listen too later. So without further ado lets get into my jams of March.


If you know me, you know that I will always love The Vaccines. They were the first proper gig I ever went to, I have been to every album tour and I met them on my 20th Birthday. So, you can imagine my joy when on Friday the dropped their latest album COMBAT SPORTS. They had already released the three tracks, Put it on a T-Shirt, I Can't Quit, and Nightclub. I can't lie I do not listen too them as much as I used too, simply just because I am constantly looking for new discoveries rather than repeatedly listening too albums that I love, but from my first few listens I can tell this album is a winner. It really upbeat and sounds more uplifting rather than their normally moody pessimistic tone. I can't give my final verdict on it yet, nor can I pull out my favourite tracks but I'm sure I will be able to give a run down of my favourites next month. 


This month we have seen the return of the three part rap group from NY. Towards the begin of the month they dropped the track Headstone, and just a few days ago they dropped U&I (feat. Dia). Both tracks same the same artwork so I am assuming they are both part of their new album, which will be the follow up to the 2016 3001: A Laced Odyssey. Both these tracks are incredible, but very different. Headstone is a true hype song for me, It proper gets me up. U&I is a lot more chill and has a real 90s vibe too it especially with the gospel vocals. I love them both, and I think one of the greatest things about Flatbush is the different tones and rap style that each of them have, yet they work so well together. Another of their tracks that isn't new, but is on my March Playlist is their remix of Portugal's Feel it Still. It is actually the first song that I added to the playlist, I love the new beat that they added to the song it gives it a whole new vibe, and their verses make it absolutely fire (better than the original in my opinion). 


Another discovery of mine this month was the band Glass Animals, but more specifically the album How To Be A Human Being. I am late to the bandwagon with this one, with the album being released two years ago. But the song Youth made it's way into my my Discover playlist and knew I had to give them a listen. There music has a very feel good vibe, and I particularly like the hip-hop and synth pop vibes that you can hear in some of their songs, especially in my favourite track off the album, The Other Side of Paradise. I recommend listen too the album from start to finish as it is a brilliant listen. I love how each song is different and has a new vibe, it keeps the album fresh and interesting. 


STAND OUT TRACKS

So I have been listening to a lot of rap music again this month, no shock there. But there have been a few absolute fire stand out tracks this month. The first being Energy (Cadenza Remix), by Avelino, Stromzy, Skepta & Cadenza. This track is such a good vibe, it's refreshing to hear grime artists over such a chill dance beat, it makes it less aggressive and more lightweight. It still packs a punch, but in a different way and I think that's why I like it so much. Secondly we have PICK IT UP (feat. A$AP Rocky) by Famous Dex. I really am not into these types of rappers, I cannot stand mumble rappers or any of that bullshit. HOWEVER, the BEAT and A$AP's verse are just out of this world. I think without his verse it wouldn't be as good, he really lifts the song to another level. I have been on a bit of a hype over A$AP lately, I think it might have a lot to do with the fact that he is performing at Parklife this year (*cries tears of joy*). The last stand out track has GOT to be OKRA, by Tyler, The Creator.  He literally dropped this track out of nowhere last week, a random drop and as he says - "a throwaway track". But is is hottttt, like ever other Tyler track, understandably he is a controversial Love / Hate artist, and you probably already know what side you fall on. His work is so different that if you haven't listen too him, just give him a lil listen because I don't think there is a way to describe his music style that will give it justice.


So that was my round up / summary of some of my favourite artists / tracks / releases of the month, obviously there are a lot more that I haven't discussed, which is why the playlist is linked so that you can give them a little listen. I hope you like the new format of this post, I think I prefer it to the way I was doing it before it makes it more cohesive. So, until next time!


XOXO, EMMA 



No comments