Ice Cream Girls


Hello, hello!

For today's look I thought I'd try something a bit different. As you can probably already tell, I am all about bold and primary colours - not so much the pastel hues. However with us coming into Spring, you cannot deny that pastel tones are always one of the biggest trends. According to Vogue this is one of the biggest trends for Spring / Summer coining them Ice cream Girls on the runway to read the article click here. So  I thought I would have a play with the trend, and put my own spin on it.

I thought while playing with Spring / Summer trends I would incorporate another one, mesh / sheer clothing. I decided to team this really pretty and delicate ruffled (oh, actually this is also another trend!) sheer floral top from the New Look sale (not available online, unfortunately!) over my oversized pastel pink t shirt (similar here). I really enjoy the play on textures, I think it adds some dimension to the look with the colours being so muted, I needed to add some interest and playfulness.
With the basis of the look being very feminine I really wanted to juxtapose that with more masculine and/or grungy details. So I decided to wear these metallic pleated culotte trousers (they're out of stock on the asos website, but the link is here). I think that these add a really cool effortlessness to the look, and make the look much more me. It adds a touch of masculinity, which I think this look needs. But also creates me interesting tones and textures with the metallic hue. I think combined with with the oversized biker leather jacket it makes the look more edgy and almost glam rock! I thought I'd show two options with the footwear, to dress it up and down. The chunky caged heels compliment the more rocker / grunge side to the look and compliment the biker jacket really well, and the trainers add an effortless urban street style vibe that is more everyday.
For the last few finishing touches, I decided on my pastel pink beret / baker boy hat hybrid, to play in with the pastel feminine tones, and my hot pink fishnet socks which add to the more grungey / rocker feel. All in all I think what I like the most about this look is the way everything contrasts each other yet still works as a combined look. I will say I'm not still 100% on the pastel trend, however I am willing to give it another shot.

XOXO, EMMA 

No comments