An Outcast Fairy


Hello, Hello! 
Today we are taking a trip down my creative mythical side of my brain to bring you this super fun and colourful fairy concept shoot. When I was on one of my walks I found this spot and the look and theme just instantly came to mind, so I ran home got all my stuff together, makeup props and outfit - and returned to shoot it in that same day. So, here is the photo-set and the story alongside with it. 


This is the visual story of a lost fairy who has lost her wings because she rebelled and was outcast. She is a spoiled teenager who had everything handed to her, but now she has to work everything out for herself and learn how to be appreciative. This old tree truck is the portal in which she has come into the human realm, lost and unable to use her powers. 


All she has is her spell book and crystal but they have lost their charge, and she has lost her powers. She has to learn the value of respect, and until then she is banished here until she can learn, and her parents thought there was no better place for her to learn this than from than the humans. Here she still thinks her family are going to come and get here - like they always have in the past so she is bored and waiting to be brought home. At this point she doesn't understand the seriousness of the situation, she's just annoyed. 


Now she is super bored of waiting, and it's starting to hit here that she isn't getting the help that she always used to. Her guard is starting to come down as she realises that she has pushed them too far this time. As she comes from a wealthy high societal family, she didn't get the attention and love she felt she deserved from her family. They used money and possessions to show their affection,  but in retrospect this just made her crave their attention more and more, and she decided that bad attention was better than none. But now she's alone and has to find her way back to explain to her parents how she feels. 


Now she's returned to the portal where she came from and is wishing and hoping that her parents can see what they did and why she acted the way she did, as she struggles to find her way back, but is also deciding if that is even the place where she belongs. 

So, that was my fairy concept photoshoot, I adored doing this. Getting into the character, getting really into the shoot and covered in dirt, it was so much fun and I want to try and do more shoots likes this. The location was just perfect and I couldn't miss shooting in it, and I am so glad I did. These turned out perfect, exactly as I hoped they was. Photo credits go to my Mum (she is honestly the best), and the makeup, styling, and theme was all brought to you by my little brain. I hope you all love this as much as me! These are honestly my favourite photos to date, and I love my little story I have alongside them. 

XOXO, EMMA. 







No comments