Sun, Sea & Sangria.

Hello, hello!

As some of you may know, if you follow me on Instagram or know me in real life I have just been on a sweet little getaway to Puerto Rico, Gran Caneria. Can you believe that even in September the temperature was in the high 30s?? I couldn't. It was a lovely week of sea, sun sangria & seafood. I have never eaten such a vast and glorious amount of fish and shellfish in my entire life, mixed with the sea views and cheeky cocktails safe to say it was a week to remember. Right before we went I decided to treat myself to a brand new DSLR, and I got in some perfect practice on this holiday. So I thought in this post, rather than a heavy focus on text I would just show you all what I wore, and what I sore on holiday.


This first set of images are my sea themed, cool toned images. I wanted to really reflect and put emphasis on the beautiful tones of the sea, especially in these shots in my blue bikini which tied in perfectly. I had a lot of fun editing these images and giving them an overall blue tone, seeing the flow between images makes me realise the importance of editing. It makes the images so much nicer to look at, as well as enhancing the beauty within them. I am also SO HAPPY with the new quality within my images, before I was only using the camera on my phone - which was all I had access too at the time. But, now seeing the difference it's given me so much more drive to just keep on creating content and improving more and more. 


This second collection of images are on the opposite side of the spectrum, full of warmth. Obviously alongside the beautiful turquoise sea we had the glorious heat. These images represent that, and the warmth and happiness I felt the whole time I was there. I really wanted to show two opposing sets of images that represented two sides to the holiday. I wanted to play around with tones and hues and create a story within the images, rather than just throw all my holiday photos into a post and call it a day. This way, at least I think, it makes the images more interesting to look at as well as give you more of a real sense of how I experienced my holiday and what I felt. Two of my favourite things in life is the sun and the sea, and I think this really reflects that.

So there are my collection of a select few images from my holiday, a collection of landscapes, nature and style. I like the idea of combining these things together, be it more cohesively in the future. Trying to tie together nature and fashion, two of the things I hold dearest too me. Now that I have my camera I feel a much wider sense of freedom, where I will be able to experiment more and bring together much more unique and high quality content. I'm super excited for the direction that I see my  blog moving in, and I can't wait to develop and strengthen and show my progress along with it. I am so proud of the way these images have come out, and I really think they reflect my holiday perfectly. It is so nice to be able too see my own personal improvement, and that just drives me even more to keep developing myself!

XOXO, EMMA 

No comments