Styling The Iconic Rainbow Jumper

Hello, Hello.

So over the past couple of years, this one most significantly for me - the rainbow trend has met an all time high. I remember a few years back when Lazy Oaf released the ICONIC Crayola knit but it was, and still is way out of my price range. Hopefully one day I will be able to treat myself to a Lazy Oaf piece, but until then I just gaze at their Instagram longingly and pray that my time will come. It is probably my favourite current brand, If I could afford it I would own there entire shop. Anyway, the rainbow trend has really saturated the market this year and I finally managed to get myself an iconic rainbow jumper. Honestly, I don't know how I have gone so long without one.

This little number is from Monki, and if your a fan of Lazy Oaf chances are you shop on here as they have a similar vibe but at a fraction of the price. This crew neck knit is the mere price of £25! You can find it at this link here, but I would be quick it tends to sell out super fast. I got mine in a size XL because I love a big boxy oversized fit, and it fits exactly how I wanted it too. I usually don't like a long fitted cuff on a jumper, but I actually love it on this as it gives it some shape and makes it look more tailored. It is a nice knit, not too think or thin just right for layering, and the colours are incredible and just as vibrant as in the pictures. It is a guaranteed head turner, and I promise you will make a fair few people smile in this one! I think that's what I like so much about rainbows, you can't help but smile when you see one.


With the change in the seasons, comes a change in my style. As soon as Autumn / Winter comes around my style leans a lot more towards alternative and grunge, the styling here is somewhat showing the start of my style transition. The weather is finally cold enough for me to show off these incredible dickies dungarees which I bought from a vintage kilo sale a few months back, I have wanted to wear them for so long but they were just too heavy for the summer months. Dungarees are one of my favourite things to wear in the colder seasons, but I feel like because of the lighter wash I feel like I need to make the most of these sooner rather than later. I do think this wash of denim really compliments the colours in the jumper though, it keeps it light and fresh. I also love the baggy look of these, I have always wanted the perfect oversized pair but never seemed to find any, until these of course! I know it's a lot of loose fitting items and the look doesn't have much shape, but I think that adds such a retro vintage feel and more so, I love the vibe it gives off. Oversized clothes have always been a massive hit for me because I like to play with gender roles and what's deemed masculine / feminine. I also just love the effortlessness of it, I almost feel like my early 2000s self when I used to shop at tammy girl, but hopefully a bit more chic. The overall vibe of this look too me is so 90s grunge with a tad more colour, the bagginess of the look, the denim and the stripes, the chunky platforms are all key elements of the era it's just got my added colourful rainbow touches, like I say my style is literally transitioning like the seasons. 


Now lets talk about the details, is there anything more perfect than this sunshine yellow beret? No, I didn't think so. A few years back you wouldn't see my dead in a hat, but since I discovered a love for berets and baker boy caps last winter I can't get enough! I have wanted a yellow one for the longest time, and they finally got them in H&M (where I work) so I snatched one up straight away. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be available online anymore, although there are a few in stores. I love how it ties in perfectly with the yellow in the jumper, and also how the colour looks against my grey / silver hair. Another defining details are these iconic chunky platform shoes, straight from the 90s / early 2000s. I found these at a local carboot and they cost me 3 QUID. £3 for a pair of shoes this insane is literally a gift from the gods.  They give me a bit of height, which I needed or else these dungarees would be trailing in the dirt - and they also add that grunge touch which I was on about earlier. 


I really love the way this has all come together, I love how it is showing how my style slowly transforms through the seasons, especially in this in between grey area where you have no clue what to wear. However it is safe to say that the cold weather is settling in here in the U.K. so more layers and outerwear are going to become a much heavier feature, but I think this post was a nice way to move away from my last post (which was all sun, bikinis and holiays) too more seasonally appropriate content. 

All images are shot on a Canon 4000D & edited on VSCO. The images of me are all taken by my incredible mum, and the other images are all taken by me. Hope you enjoyed this one, cya next time. 

XOXO, EMMA.

No comments