Current Thrift Favourites


Hello, Hello. 
As we have established here on my blog, second hand shopping is my favourite past time. Now that the weather has got better (for now at least), it has meant that carboot season has arrived, so I have been out thrifting more than ever. If I am brutally honest with you, I buy way too much to show all at once (unless I was on YouTube, which maybe one day I will be), so what I have decided to do on my blog is pull out my favourite finds at the minute, tell you why and style them up. No doubt these will end up being monthly at least, as I just cannot seem to help myself when it comes down to sustainable fashion. 

Last week was probably the holy week of thrift finds, I have found some true hidden treasures so I think there is no better week to start this series out. The bits I have picked up are from both Charity Shops & Carboot's, and I will go through the pricing of each item when I get round too it. So without further ado, here are my current thrift favourites. 


Now, is this A LOOK OR IS THIS A LOOK? AH, I am so obsessed with this Scary Spice 90s vibes, it is killing me. I don't even know where to start with this look, it is doing the most. So let's do this chronologically and work from the head down. This hat has got to be one of the greatest accessory finds I have ever come across, it was on a hat stand at the back of one of my local charity shops and I almost walked straight passed it. Luckily I was caught a glimpse of the Kangol logo and nearly had a heart attack. Kangol bucket hats have got too be one of the most trendy street style accessories out there, but the fact that this is red faux fur makes it even more freaking cool. The tragic thing is, I nearly didn't buy this because it was £5! For a hat in a charity shop near me that is pretty much extortion, however I'm glad I decided to get it because this is probably the coolest hat I have ever owned. 


Moving on down to this iconic leopard print flared jumpsuit, I am well and truthfully obsessed with this piece. If you would've told me a few months ago that I would ever be wearing this much leopard print I would've literally laughed it off, but now I am obsessed with it. I am also 99% sure Scary Spice rocked one of these in the 90s, so I am definitely feeling the vibe. This was a carboot find at the mere 50p. I honestly didn't even look at the size, I just knew I had to have it. It looks like a late 90s / early 2000s piece and is in near perfect condition, and I was so happy to find that it fits me like a glove. I threw this old oversized Adidas coat over the top to make the look more casual (and I also think this would make for an absolutely incredible festival look too). This is also an old thrifted find, but is now actually up on my depop if you want to give it a new home! (username: emmalouisloves ) 


Finally, the absolute killers that are the most incredible platform shoes I have ever laid my eyes on. I found these in the same charity shop as the Kangol hat - unbelievable right? However these I almost missed! It was my dad that pointed them out too me, he knows me far too well it seems. These were a purchase though that proves that there is no harm in asking! They were priced up at a tenner, pretty darn steep but considering how much this style of shoe costs new, only a fraction of the price. However, there are a few scuffs on the toes and they aren't in ~perfect~ condition, so I went and asked if there was any way I could get a discount. Alas to my success, the manager came out and said that I could have them for £6! What a steal! It just goes to show, if you think anything is too overpriced for it's condition do not hesitate to ask if they will knock a little bit off the price, if you don't ask you don't get. These are going to come so in handy for festival season, and festival styling lookbooks - which I will 100% be doing in the future, so watch this space for those. 


So those are my top three current favourite thrifted pieces, however there are so many more I would love to feature, these were definitely the winners. No doubt there will be many more of these to come in the future as my addiction to thrifting does not seem like it going anywhere any time soon. But for now, that is me over and out!

XOXO, EMMA. 


No comments