Life Updates.

Hello, hello.

I've been gone a few weeks I know, a lot of different factors come into this but mostly it's my health. Both mental and physically, there has been a lot going on In my life and I'm working really hard to make changes and work towards new goals. To put it bluntly, while i was ill I had a bit if an eye opener on my life and what I want to achieve from it. My blog holds a significant part in that and my future, so this post has taken me a while to write to get it right.

If you follow my blog, you will know I went to Parklife. It was a mixture of good and bad, but never as perfect as people (me included) present it as on social media. I did plan on writing a full blog post dedicated to the pros and cons of festivals, and what people leave out when they are posting about it on social media. I still want to do that, and it will probably go up in a few weeks. Let me know if that's something you'd still be interested in reading, because I think it's really important for us to be a lot more truthful and real about life rather than sugar coating it.

So while I was at the festival, I wasn't the healthiest. I didn't eat enough and what I ate ended up giving me food poisoning. I was so ill it was scary, but what was worse was the fact that I was making myself more sick by having panic attacks over what they were thinking of me at work / that they wouldn't believe me that I was sick. How messed up is that? I was genuinely ill, but made myself worse by putting all the extra strain on myself that wasn't needed. That put a shock to my system, and made me realise that I need to change my outlook on work and my life for the sake of my health. I have been putting all this energy and focus on my job, when at the end of the day all I do is sell clothes. It's my mode of income, but it isn't my life. Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with that, it's just for me I want / feel like I need so much more.

It made me think a lot about my life, what I want from it and where I want to go. I am someone who always wants more for myself, I want to constantly improve, I want to work on things that I feel passionately about, and just be a better me. I am a creative person, I have always had more of an interest in this side of life. From photography too film too blogging fashion and music. There are all things that strive on creativity, and being open minded to something new. I want to make a brand for myself, and I want more than just one thing. It would be such a shame to limit myself to one thing - when there is so much that I enjoy and feel passionately about. My blog is going to be that place where I bring everything together, be it photography that I am working on, the documentary that I want to make, my goal to run my own online vintage / retro shop, music that makes my brain some active with inspiration and feeling that it almost explodes. There are so many opportunities out there, and so much I want to see and achieve. I've never been more driven to work hard and achieve everything that I want to and more. I've wasted enough time, now is my time to shine and show the world what I can do.

My main focus at the moment is my shop, I have been working really hard on my depop. I have my own little makeship studio where I've been taking all my images for my listings, and I have been focusing all my spare energy on that and improving it as much as I possibly can. (My shop name is @emmalouisloves if any of you are interested!) I love finding the grooviest garms and giving them a new loving home. There Is so much cool stuff out there, and i can't keep it all for myself! Vintage and retro fashion is something i will always love, and promoting individuality will always be at the top of my list for what I want to achieve in life. If I can share some rays of sunshine with people who feel the same way as I do, then that is enough for me.

I'm excited about my future, mainly because I am that driven and confident in my own success. I have spent too long convincing myself that my dreams couldn't be reality, instead of believing in myself and working my ass off to achieve them. So watch this space for a girl boss in the making. And never doubt your own ability to reach for the stars and get what you want from life. We only live once, don't spend that lifetime convincing yourself that it's not possible. SAY IT WITH ME! Self belief not self doubt.

XOXO, EMMA.


No comments